How to create an account and assign IPs to each account|
- First you need to login to WHM
- Under "Account Functions" click on "Create a New Account"
- When you have located and clicked on "Create a New Account," you will need to fill out several fields.
- Domain - In this field, you must place the domain name which you are creating the cPanel for. You must not include www. in front of the domain which you are creating the cPanel for.
- Username - WHM will automatically suggest a username when you click this field. Usernames are limited to 8 characters
- Password - It is very important to use a unique, secure password. When you click on "Generate Password," a pop up box will appear that will allow you to choose what types of characters and how long the automatically generated password will be.
- Email - The email address is used by the WHM for automatic notification of issues with the account. Note: WHM will automatically send an email to your primary domain's contact email address with the account information when any account is created.
- Package - Packages are a preset list of limits and settings that can be applied to the accounts you create.
- DNS Settings - This setting has a check labeled, "Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar. ( Ignore locally specified nameservers. )" This field is to specify if the domain should use it's own private nameservers or if it should use the locally configured shared nameservers.
- Now click on the "Create" button to finish the account creation process.
- Now your cPanel account should be created
- In WHM under "Plugins"(near bottom of menu on left) click on "Change Site's IP Address"
- Under "Select Client" pick the username of the account you want to change IPs on
- Under "Select IP" select the IP of your choice
- At the bottom click on "Change IP" button
If you need further assistance please open a ticket with Technical Support
- Now if you go to "Account Information" and "List Accounts" you will see that account has a different IP address