You can easily set up Koken on your shared hosting account. To get started:
Once the user has been added to the database you should receive confirmation that user 'cPanelname_username' was added to the database 'cPanelname_databasename'. Then on your computer:
- First download the latest version of Koken from the website: http://www.koken.me
- Then log into your cPanel
- Create A Database using MySQL® Database Wizard (be sure to write down the DB name)
- Create A Database User (be sure to write down the DB users name)
- Add User to the Database
Note: Select All Privileges to apply to that user when prompted.
- Complete the task
- Unzip the Koken file on your computer and upload the index.php file from inside the folder to your /public_html or /public_html/domainname/ (if you are installing Koken on an addon or subdomain) using an FTP program, or inside your cPanel's File Manager
- Open your browser and go to http://yourdomain.com/index.php (or the path to the subdomain)
- When the Server Test Page loads click the orange Begin Installation button
- You should be presented with a screen with information for you to fill in the following fields:
- Setup user - the administrator information for this installation; add your first and last name, email address and password (this email address and password will be your administrator login).
- HOSTNAME - localhost
- DATABASE NAME - (the database name which you created in cPanel) including the prefix and underscore. It will look something like "cPanelname_databasename"
- USERNAME - (the database username which you created in cPanel) including the prefix and underscore. It will look something like "cPanelname_username"
- PASSWORD - (the password for the database username which you created in cPanel)
- Set your Time Zone
- Subscribe - (yes or no) your choice and then click Download and Install
Once installation completes you can login to Koken using the email address and password which you specified during the Koken setup. In the future you will login to Koken at http://yourdomain.com/admin.
If you have any questions about using or configuring Koken, check their great guide and forums at http://help.koken.me/.